January 12th, 19th, 26th and February 2nd
A short course with small numbers exploring how to find a serenity that can hold the full range of our experience - through metta, mindfulness and insight.
The four sessions will focus on:
- Resourcing ourselves through finding space; leaning into places of pleasure and ease; and using the imagination.
- Finding kindness towards painful experience, through opening to it on a bodily level; bringing an emotional attitude of welcoming and acceptance; and through ways of viewing the painful that bring more peace and freedom.
- Integrating awareness of what is easeful, pleasurable and resourcing with awareness of what is painful. Finding the freedom and ease that are present within a kind relationship to the painful.
- Bringing some wisdom perspectives to our emotional experience; exploring how nothing is fixed or solid; and sensing we can embody something much vaster and deeper than the continual ebb and flow of pleasurable and painful.
How it works
- You will receive a booking confirmation when you pay your deposit. The next communication from us will be an email in the week before the course starts. This will detail any preparatory requirements and give you the link to join.
- Dana is offered at the end of the course.
- If you haven't received anything by 10th January, please check your Spam and other folders and then contact email@example.com if you haven't received anything. If you book after 10th January, we will send the preparatory email asap - at the latest by 8.30pm in the 24 hours after you book.
Dayajoti first met meditation and Buddhism through Buddhafield at the Big Green Gathering festival in 1997. Her passions include supporting people in their meditation practice; teaching retreats; leading dance meditation; and being part of creating authentic community and a Buddhism that is joyful, earth-revering and soulful. Dayajoti has meditations and talks online on both Free Buddhist Audio and Insight Timer.
Led by: Dayajoti
Deposit amount: £60
Total suggested cost (including deposit): donation tier:£250/ standard:£180/ supported:£120 (see our FAQ for an explanation of the deposit/ dana system)
Experience level: Minimum 3 years meditation experience
Age group: Adults