Green Earth Awakening 2017: Travel & General Information
An intense discussion | Image © Steve Jackson 2015
This page will be updated with further information as it becomes available. Please check this page before you travel to the Green Earth Awakening for any last minute updates.
Buddhafield Green Earth Awakening Camp Wednesday 20 — Sunday 24 September 2017.
Arriving and Leaving
Gates are open from Wednesday 20th midday until Sunday 24th evening. The closing ceremony will be on Sunday 24th midday with the final meal on offer being the Sunday lunchtime.
The event runs on a daily timetable which will be located at the info point. Each morning will start with meditation and body work followed by workshops and talks. The Buddhafield Café will be running set meal times through the day.
There will be 2 types of wristbands issued at the gate, for either entry without meal pass and entry with meal pass.
All inclusive meal passes for Buddhafield Café are available online here. The pass will include all meals from Wednesday evening to Sunday lunchtime. Individual meals will also be available at Buddhafield Café and other outlets including, Outer Regions.
Car Passes and Live In Vehicles
We ask for a contribution of £25 per car and £35 per live in. This money goes back into the land fund to maintain and preserve the 50 acres of land owned by Buddhafield. Passes can be bought online here.
- That you do not bring alcohol, drugs, unauthorised sound systems or dogs onto the site.
- That you respect other campers. There is no official "Quiet Camping" area, as we are not able to enforce this.
- As much as possible, we want to protect the soil and watercourses on the site. Therefore, we ask that you bring cleaning products such as hand wash, shampoo, shower gel and washing up liquid that do not contain Sodium Lauryl/Laureth Sulfate, Dioxane, Parabens, Propylene glycol, Diethanolamine or DEA.
On Site Contact Number
The on site contact number is 07747 446 040.
The gathering is on our old festival site,
'The Gallops', Clayhidon,
Near Wellington, roughly 8 miles SW of Taunton.
The nearest Post Code is EX15 3UZ, and the GEA site entrance is about 400m east of the entrance to this postcode.
OS Grid Ref. ST 156 170.
GPS 50.946237, -3.202360
If you know our current Buddhafield Festival site, it's about 5 miles West.
Trains run from London to Taunton. From Taunton it is about a 1 hour cycle.
We are sorry, but we will not be running a shuttle bus service.
National Rail Enquiries website: www.nationalrail.co.uk or tel: 08457 48 49 50
London Paddington to Taunton, journeys take from 1hr 45mins to 2hrs 30mins and leave about 1 every hour from London Paddington.
National Express website: www.nationalexpress.com or tel: 08717 818178
Coaches from London Victoria to Wellington leave about every 3 hours
Taunton to Wellington
MON - SAT
Services 22, 22A
Last bus at 20:00.
Services 22, 22A
Last bus at 17:45.
Journeys take about 20mins.
Call First buses on 0871 200 2233
- Monument Cabs: 01823 664 444 Book in advance. MON - SUN.
- Arrow taxis 01823 669666 MON - FRI.
- A1 Ace taxis 01823 332211 MON - SUN 24hr a day.
Go to www.freewheelers.co.uk to save some fuel.